Friday, November 11, 2011

08 Civic Removing Overspray By Hand Compounding By Big "A" Detailing


The customer spray tinted his tail lights without removing them first. The trunk, driver quarter & rear bumper had heavy overspray. I removed the wing to get to everything. It was friday night & I had a ton of work lined up for the next day. This was the quickest way to remove the overspray. I misted water on the surface first & then rubbed in the compound with a micro fiber towel. By hand compounding the entire car I got the paint to about 85% which was the goal for this job. I used Meguiars M205 Polish then 3M Ultrafine Polish with my Dewalt DW849 rotary. I put on the first coat of Klasse @ 12:14am & let it cure for a half hour then removed it. I laid on another coat of Klasse around 12:45am & left it there & called it a night! Humberto come in @ 7am to remove the tape & Klasse & get the car ready for an early morning pickup! We clayed, hand compounded, clayed, hand compounded till the overspray was all off. I cant tell you why it was done this way but it worked =) I didnt take out the halogens on the whole car, just the areas that had overspray. With the halogens on its easier to see the overspray. Thanks for watching! -Andrew

Dyson Ball Cleaner Discount Instep Bike Trailer Review




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links